1. About this Policy.
2. Your Consent.
By using any of our websites, posting in a message board, forum or our social media channel, providing us personal information, inquiring to us, creating an online account, buying from us, or communicating with us, you accept and consent to the terms of this Policy and to our receipt, collection and use of personal information about you. If there is information you do not wish to consent to our receipt, collection or use of, you have the ability to avoid taking, and you should not take, the actions described above.
3. Copyright Notice
We claim copyright in the statement of this Policy and all content of our websites, under Copyright laws:
Copyright 2016 Haynes Manuals, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
4. About Us.
5. Our Commitment.
We respect your privacy. We try to please you by providing quality products and service. We understand you may care about personal information you provide us. This Policy provides information about how we try to handle that information.
6. Information We May Collect from You.
We may collect the following about you:
- Information you provide us by registering to use our websites, www.haynes.com, my.haynes.com or https://haynesmanualsallaccess.com, filling in forms on our site, buying goods or service from us, speaking to us by phone, or communicating to us in any other way. Some examples of information we collect are your name, address, phone, email, proof of identity, signature, username, password, payment details, purchase history, and information you tell us about your experience or concern.
- If you are an individual associated with an organization that is our customer, your personal information may include information we link to you: organization details (like its name, address, phone number, payment arrangements, financial information, etc.), your position with that organization (owner, partner, employee, etc.) and contact information for you (such as address, phone and email).
- If you contact us, or respond to contact from us, we may keep a record or copy of the communication, like a notation, register, image or recording of a written or oral communication.
- If we invite you to voluntarily complete a survey or participate in a loyalty program, promotion or contest, we collect your responses and for a loyalty program your transactions.
- If you post on our social media channel, message board or forum, we may collect user details, feedback, comments and photos.
- We may collect information about your visits to, browsing, and use of our site. Information could include: your IP address (a unique identifier of your device); type of device (smartphone, tablet, pc, etc.); browser (e.g., Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Android Browser); operating system (e.g., Windows Phone, OS X, iOS, Windows, Android, Linux); time-zone; browser plug-ins; web-page you came from; cookies, log-in/logout history; page response times; download error; pages and parts of pages you visit; your inquiries, searches and other actions in our site; registrations for accounts, forums etc.; settings; products and services you view; length of visit to our site and pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, keys pressed, mouse clicks, touches, and mouse-overs). This could be retained and used with reference to you or aggregated with data from others for analytic purposes.
7. How We Collect or Generate Your Personal Information
We may collect or generate personal information concerning you in various ways:
- By you visiting and using our website, you or your device may provide personal information. This includes: information that is automatically provided by our browser to our servers; information recorded on our servers about your interaction with our site; information we capture or place on your device or generate using cookies or other technologies on our website; and information you input into forms on our site.
- By you emailing, phoning or texting us you may provide personal information, also including your email address and phone number. We may record or make notes of calls or both.
- By you posting on our social media channel, message board or forum.
- We and suppliers, contractors or subcontractors may generate or create information relating to you through analysis of information about you or obtained from your use of our site or transactions with us or through study or analysis of information provided to or obtained by us.
- By submitting content to our website, social media channel, message board or forum whether by email, postings on our website or otherwise, including any review, question, comment, suggestion, idea, photo or the like contained in any submission (collectively, “Submissions”), you grant us and our affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right, permission and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform each Submission throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and to use the name that you submit in connection with the Submission.
8. What We Do With Personal Information About You
We use information about you to:
- Try to: have our site present content the most effective way for you and your device; provide information you request or which we think may interest you; provide the products and services you buy from us or which we think may interest you; let you use interactive features; and notify you about changes to our service.
- Operate and provide search, selection, ordering, purchasing, payment and other functions of our site.
- Analyze, audit, provide, operate, administer, maintain and improve our business, site, systems and services; conduct surveys and analyze results, run promotions, conduct product or customer research/development; assist us in and help improve our sales, advertising and marketing; conduct other business development and improvement; and train our staff, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Provide you, or if you consented, let selected third parties provide you, information about goods and services which may interest you. We may use your personal information for direct marketing and sending you advertising and marketing for our products and services. You can revoke consent by contacting us as stated in this policy or as stated in any marketing you receive. We do not use or disclose your personal information to others for marketing purposes unless we obtain your consent, such as through an opt-in or opt-out box on any form or website of ours.
- Help subcontractors assist us in filling your order. We provide them information they need to help us fill your order, like providing your name and address to a delivery service we use.
- Help third parties who help us host, provide, operate or supply any part of, or service for, our site, databases, systems, business or services or conduct any of our business functions (including sending mail, processing payments, providing customer and advertising analysis and providing customer service). We may provide your personal information as needed by them to assist us.
- Communicate your message when a function is designed to make your personal information public (e.g., posts you make in a message board, forum or social media channel,). Personal information you include in posting on that forum or channel may be publicly posted and disclosed.
- Perform legal obligations or voluntarily help authorities, such as providing information in response to a command or request form a government, military, police or judicial authority or private entity acting at the request of or assisting any of the above. For example, we could cooperate with the above in providing information for their investigation of a matter.
- Let someone who acquires us continue the business or let a potential acquiror evaluate us. If we discuss transferring our business, your personal information may be accessed by parties we are in discussion with. If our business is transferred to a third party, your personal information will be transferred to them.
- Transmit information. Providing information as stated above may involve the information passing through and being recorded and retained by various service providers along electronic, digital and other transmission channels.
No system or measures assure full security. Equipment or data could be accessed unlawfully, or otherwise, without our or your consent. Your personal information could be accessed by persons engaged in unlawful or unconsented access and they could transfer your information to others. It is not our policy to allow such access. But we recognize, and you must recognize, these risks. By providing us information you accept these risks.
9. Where We Store Your Personal Data
We try to take reasonable steps seeking to reduce the risk of loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. Information is stored on our servers or servers of third parties who contract with us to store data. Payment transactions with us are encrypted. We try to comply with the credit card industry's PCI Data Security Standard, though we do not assure that we will always accomplish this goal or that doing so will always be effective. As an additional measure, this policy does not state further details of security measures we use.
10. Additional Security Measures and Risks.
- Where a username or password or both are used to access parts of our site, you are responsible to keep these confidential. You must not share these with anyone, except that you may share these with our representative when needed to help you access your information.
- Sending information over the internet and storage of information in any server or device is not completely secure. Though we try to protect your personal data, we do not assure the security of data sent to, sent from, or stored in our sites. Sending us information is at your own risk.
- Additional steps you can take to reduce risks of unauthorized disclosure or misuse of your personal information are to maintain anti-virus and other malware protection software on your devices and take other precautions to protect your personal information.
- Do not include sensitive personal information in emails or other communications. You should not provide us information that is so confidential or personal that its release would cause you any type of injury, damage or discomfort. Be careful about who you give personal information to.
If at any time our website contains links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practice or content on those websites You should read the privacy statements and policies of any linked sites as their privacy policies may differ from ours.
WE AND OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO DISCLOSURE OR MISUSE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
12. Addressing Accuracy/Correction/Updating of Information.
You can help manage accuracy of information you provide us. We encourage you to review information for accuracy before you send it to us.
To change or update information previously provided to us or to correct errors, please send your request in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ask us to delete information or stop using information you provided, or remove your information from our database and not receive future communications, please send your request in an email to email@example.com.
We do not assure that we'll be able to fully or accurately update, edit, correct or delete information in any particular time, at any and all locations where information may be located, or at all.
13. Notice to California Residents
Under California law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (1) a list of categories of personal information, such as name, address, email address, and type of services provided to the customer that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information please contact us by writing to customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or sending an email to us at email@example.com. Please state "Request Under Calif. Civil Code Sec. 1798.3" prominently on your communication. We will respond to such requests within 30 days of receipt. Please not, we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
15. Contacting Us.
If you have a question or comment about this Policy or how we process your personal information, including any complaint, please contact us either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 1-800-242-4637 or mail: 861 Lawrence Drive, Newbury Park, California 91320, USA.